Make someone feel extra special this Christmas with our range of practical, ethical gifts. Designed with people and planet in mind, your gift can help people in Nepal, keep waste out of landfill or help plant a tree.
A cup that stays out of landfill
Every year, more than 500 billion paper cups go to landfill. The Reusable Care Cup can help tackle the problem. A great gift for a colleague, friend or family member, this environmentally-friendly cup:
- Features a drink hole and a straw hole
- Has a slot for a tea bag string
- Is Bisphenol A (BPA) free
A tee that supports education in Nepal
Give the gift of inspiration to someone special. The uniquely illustrated graphics in our Artist Series Men’s and Women’s Tees portray the culture and geography of Nepal.
You’ll make a $5 donation to the Australian Himalayan Foundation when you grab one of these original tees. They’re:
- Made with Recycolor — which blends recycled cotton fibres with new cotton fibres
- Designed by an award-winning Nepalese artist
- Limited — get a few for Xmas presents while they’re still available
A source of light for those who need it most
An ideal light for your camping trip, the LuminAID Packlite Nova is compact and recharges in sunlight. And for every 10 LuminAID lights sold, Kathmandu will donate one to the Australian Himalayan Foundation (AHF).
The positives for the environment and Himalayan communities are many, including:
- 10 hours of direct sunlight to recharge
- A reliable light source
- Efficiency in overcast conditions
A backpack containing recycled bottles
Thinking about an all-rounder pack for your youngster? Go a step further and highlight the benefits of buying one that’s partly constructed with recyclable materials — in this case, recycled plastic bottles.
The Cotinga Pack is a 25 litre backpack with some sweet features including:
- Plenty of pockets and compartments
- An air mesh harness
- Two side pockets for water bottles
A truly sustainable summer dress
Created from a blend of hemp and organic cotton, the Cardeto Dress is perfect for wearing at the beach, day-to-day or taking it easy on your holiday. It features a:
- Drawcord waist
- Loop opening at the back
- Blend of sustainable fabrics
A hoodie dyed with veggie scraps
Feel good about gifting your family member a hoodie, created with minimal impact on the planet. The Men’s and Women’s Earth Hoodies are dyed with agricultural waste — nutshells, leaves and vegetables.
The Earthcolours hoodie:
- Is unique to you as colours vary between garments
- Contains polyester made from recycled bottles
- Is exclusive to Kathmandu
The gift of sight
Imagine if you could restore sight to one person. By gifting a pair of Traveler by TOMS Sunglasses to one of your loved ones this silly season, you’ll also help give back sight to an individual through sight-saving surgery, prescription glasses or medical treatment.
TOMS offer a few vintage styles that have:
- Mirrored lenses with flexible rubberised frames
- 100% UVA/UVB protection
- A sleeping bag style case made with travel-inspired fabric
A present for the future
If you have a special someone who really needs a new pair of shoes or boots, look no further than our range of Oboz footwear. When you buy a pair, ‘Trees for the Future’ will plant a tree with an eye to a sustainable future.